It is not required to duplicate information in several manuals. The information may be contained in any of the organization manuals (e.g. Organization’s Management Manual, Operations Manual or Training Manual), which may also be combined (see relevant AMCs and GM).
The TM and OM of an ATO conducting integrated or modular flight training courses providing training for CPL, MPL and ATPL and associated ratings and certificates should at least include the information listed in this chapter, in the sequence shown below in 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3. The manuals should function to:
1) Give the student awareness of:
- Expectations to the student, specific to the theoretical (part of the) course, including requirements to pass any theoretical test.
- How the student performance are progressing relative to the progression of the theoretical course.
2) Give employees awareness of any duty associated with instructing the given (theoretical part of the) course.
3) Show compliance with any requirements from the competent authority related to (the theoretical part of) the course.
The Manuals should cross refer to the associated procedures, documents, appendices, forms and all other lists which are managed separately (e.g. aircraft checklists to be used, approved flight manuals, navigation/approach charts, list of sub-contractors, etc.)
These associated documents must meet the same rules as described for the rest of the Manuals in terms of document control, distribution, etc.
For some organizations some items related to the structure of the documents as indicated above may be ‘not applicable’. In this case they should be annotated as such within the Manuals.
In all cases the “Cross reference compliance table” shall be filled by the ATO applying for an initial approval or an approval change.
This manual shall include all the information required in the separate manuals indicated hereafter. However, its structure shall give the same readability as if the manuals were split e.g. it shall be easy to determine if the information relates to the Management system, Operations or the Training and the sequence of each section should be as that for separate manuals.
A cross reference table (or index) shall be used to segregate the information (regarding the Management system, the Operations Manual or the Training Manual) and to relate it to the applicable Part ORA or Part FCL requirement(s) to facilitate compliance monitoring.