The Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority is an agency within the Danish Ministry of Transport, Building and Housing.
The purview of the Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority includes the following functions:
- The Danish Government's railway authority, responsible for regulation, planning, safety and transport co-ordination nationally and internationally.
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Isles.
- Road traffic safety and environmental regulation for heavy and light vehicles and regulation of vehicle type approval and inspection.
- Regulation, approval and oversight regarding market access for railway, aviation and postal services.
- International relations regarding transport markets including representation in forums within the European Union, intergovernmental organizations and the coordination of EU-matters and –hearings.
- Adviser to the Ministry of Transport, Building and Housing on matters relating to transport policy and the strategic development of the transport sector.
- Licensing and transport-related training of personnel in the areas of railway, road and aviation.
- Collection of data and publishing statistical information regarding railway safety, punctuality, etc.
- Enforcement of Danish legislation regarding commercial road transport.
- Promotion of environmentally-friendly road transport.
As Danish is the working language of the Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority, the English language version of this website is not a direct translation of the Danish version. The text has been abridged to provide a brief and accurate outline of the tasks and responsibilities vested in the Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority.