The Danish Transport Authority is closed the 14th and 15th of may 2015.
We are open again Monday, May 18th.
The Danish Transport Authority is an agency within the Danish Ministry of Transport.
The purview of the Danish Transport Authority includes the following functions:
- The Danish Government's railway authority, responsible for regulation, planning, safety and transport co-ordination nationally and internationally.
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Isles.
- Road traffic safety and environmental regulation for heavy and light vehicles and regulation of vehicle type approval and inspection.
- Regulation, approval and oversight regarding market access for railway, aviation and postal services.
- International relations regarding transport markets including representation in forums within the European Union, intergovernmental organizations and the coordination of EU-matters and –hearings.
- Adviser to the Ministry of Transport on matters relating to transport policy and the strategic development of the transport sector.
- Licensing and transport-related training of personnel in the areas of railway, road and aviation.
- Collection of data and publishing statistical information regarding railway safety, punctuality, etc.
- Enforcement of Danish legislation regarding commercial road transport.
- Promotion of environmentally-friendly road transport.
As Danish is the working language of the Danish Transport Authority, the English language version of this website is not a direct translation of the Danish version. The text has been abridged to provide a brief and accurate outline of the tasks and responsibilities vested in the Danish Transport Authority.